This illustrates the descendants of Queen Victoria and her husband Prince Albert.
- Victoria Adelaide Mary Louisa (21/11/1840, Buckingham Palace, London-13/8/1901, Schloss Friedrichshof, Hesse) married Friedrich III, German Emperor and had eight children including the eldest Wilhelm II.
- Edward Albert (9/11/1841, Buckingham Palace, London-6/5/1910, Buckingham Palace, London) he married Princess Alexandra of Denmark and had six children including George V and Queen Maud of Norway.
- Alice Maud Mary (25/4/1843, Buckingham Palace, London-14/12/1878, New Palace, Darmstadt, Hesse.) She married Grand Duke Ludwig IV of Hesse and would have seven children including Empress Alexandra of Russia and Grand Duchess Elisabeth Feodorovna Romanovna both were murdered during the Russian revolution.
- Alfred Ernest Albert (6/8/1844, Windsor Castle, Berkshire-30/7/1900, Rosenau Castle, Coburg), he inherited the German ducky of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha upon his uncle’s death, he married Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia, daughter of Emperor Alexander II, they would have five children which included Marie, Queen of Romania and Victoria Melita who married twice firstly to her cousin Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig of Hesse and by Rhine which ended unhappily and secondly to Grand Duke Kirill Vladimirovich, who was the nephew of the Grand Duchess Maria so again she married a first cousin, she was the mother of four children one by her first husband and three by her second.
- Helena Augusta Victoria (25/5/1846, Buckingham Palace, London-5/6/1923, Schomberg House, London), she married Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein, fifteen years older than Helena the couple would have four children, their eldest a son named Christian died of malaria in Pretoria, South Africa he was thirty three, their second son Albert inherited the Duchy of Schleswig-Holstein.
- Louise Caroline Alberta (18/3/1848, Buckingham Palace, London-3/12/1939, Kensington Palace, London), she married John Campbell, 9th Duke of Argyll a liberal politician, they had no children.
- Arthur William Patrick Albert (1/5/1850, Buckingham Palace, London-16/1/1942, Bagshot Park, Surrey), he married Princess Louise Margaret of Prussia and would have three children including Margaret, Crown Princess of Sweden.
- Leopold George Duncan Albert (7/4/1853, Buckingham Palace, London-28/3/1884, Cannes, France) he married Princess Helena of Waldeck and Pyrmont and would have two children including Charles Edward who upon the death of Alfred in 1900 inherited the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
- Beatrice Mary Victoria Feodore (14/4/1857, Buckingham Palace, London-26/10/1944, Brantridge Park, Sussex), she married Prince Henry of Battenberg and would have four children including Alexander Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Carisbrooke, Victoria Eugenie Queen of Spain and Maurice who died in the first world war in 1914, he had been mentioned in despatched a few times.